As the Commonwealth’s longest continuously operating organization devoted to the advancement of poetry, the Poetry Society of Virginia plays a vital role in promoting outreach and education of the poetic arts. Thank you for helping us provide Virginia poets with opportunities for fellowship, competition and learning. The PSV’s programming includes:
· An annual Spring Poetry Festival at The College of William & Mary, attracting America's celebrated poets
· The annual North American Book Award and annual Poetry Society of Virginia Adult and Student Contests
· Regional meetings, readings, and festivals in 7 regions across Virginia
· Publication of Poetry Virginia, an annual journal showcasing the winners of our contests
· Young Poets in the Community, a youth poetry program led by current Virginia Poet Laureate Luisa A. Igloria
As a 501(c)(3) organization, your donation is tax deductible, and goes a long way towards ensuring that we continue to advance our mission into our next century of operation.
Donations may be made directly via the buttons below. Interested in sponsoring or endowing one of our contest categories? Our memorial prizes keep the names of Virginia poets alive for generations. Click one of the buttons below and an officer of the organization will get in touch with you to begin a conversation on how you or your estate might be able to support our operations.